Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to Jennifer's Spot on the web! It's my very first post to my very own blog, and I'm not quite sure where I'll be going with this yet. This will be a place where you'll be able to read about what's going on with me, what I'm thinking, my opinions about things, and stuff along those lines. Yes, it's all about me. But I hope it won't be for long. You'll be a part of it, too, with your comments. I hope we'll have some conversations with the comments, and everyone will get to know each other better. I'd like this to be about things that are cultural (and you'll probably see my sarcastic side when I hit those topics), experiential (mine or yours), and trying to keep one's life together in this world. I would definitely not like to veer into the three things never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin. I realize that sometimes that's inevitable, and who can tell where I'll go from here, but I don't plan to go there right now.

So what is there to know about me? Here are some basic facts, in case you're dropping in for the first time, and would find it handy to know. I live in Shakopee, Minnesota, am 37 years old, transsexual, a parent of one wonderful son, and like many kinds of music, don't like much of what's programmed on TV as of late (excepting The Amazing Race), do enjoy gaming if it was published before 1990, or doesn't require a controller with eight buttons and three thumbpads. I can be found many evenings operating the scoreboards for my old high school for volleyball and girls' and boys' basketball. If I'm not busy with that, you'll find me reading, or messing about with the internets, following the Minnesota Twins, or trying not to care about the current NFL season.

That's a good start, I think. If you're interested, please do click on my subscribe button to learn when I've published again. This should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud to leave the very first comment on your new blog! Best of luck with it and I've no doubt you'll open quite a few minds with your writings to come.

    Luv,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,

    Lot's of luck to you. It will be interesting watching you wade through cultural waters without touching politics or religion.

    Peace Out Homey!

    ReplyDelete